Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My new little bear Art

 Hi everyone! It has been a good and a bad day for me. I went to the doctors today and found out some not so great news and I got a lot of blood drawn. I felt pretty sick after I came home so I decided to just sit in my chair and sew. Finishing this little bear definitely made me feel a lot better, I have worked so hard to get him done before Christmas! Little Art is made of synthetic imported fabric and filled with steel shot. He has
realistic eyes, a needle felted face, sculpted toes, and wired arms. He is only 5 inches tall, and his nose has been modge podged, sanded, and painted.. a lot of work went into this little dude! I named him Art since I've been working on him in my art class at school. He is for my grandmother for Christmas... I hope that she likes him and that you do too! :)  Thank you for looking and happy holidays!
 - Love Heidi






Over the summer my Grammy gave me some little props I could use with my bears. I think this bird looks great with Art. Thank you Grammy Nancy! :)



6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that you received some bad news at the doctors office today, Heidi. I hope it all works out. Your little bear is adorable - how could your Grandma not love him?! He's from you AND he's precious! Big hugs, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jennifer for your concern. I think I will be alright. I'll find out for sure once I get the test results back..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the encouragement Janice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Art is really beautiful Heidi, I am so sure your grandmother is going to be thrilled.

    Bear making is a good place to go when you are stressed. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Joanne. Yes I agree, I think it is very relaxing.. although the mess of needles, stuffing, and wool on my desk afterwards I could do without :).

    ReplyDelete