Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bird Brain

 Two of my favorite things to do are daydream and doodle. Every homework, or spare sheet of paper in my back pack seems to have a little drawing on it, I don't know why I always feel the urge to sketch whatever I see but I am thankful for it because it makes life much more interesting. Recently I have been drawing a lot of hawks, eagles and falcons. When I do archery in the woods near my house (I only shoot at a milk carton, not animals!) I always see these wonderful creatures swooping down into the lake trying to catch fish, it is a spectacular sight. After a short period of some unsucessful sculpts I've put my hand and doodles to the test. Here is the work in progress! Enjoy!
        Hugs - Heidi

Doesn't look much like a bird yet!

A couple feathers and a smile



It takes so long making each individual feather

 
Almost done! After I put on the finishing touches
its into the kiln for this feathered friend! I wonder
which colors I should paint him?

2 comments:

  1. I am continuously impressed by your artistic skill. This bird is so well done. You must have one very happy art teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joanne! Yes it has been a great year, my teacher has helped me so much with everything from sculpting techniques to uploading photos, it is going to be so sad leaving.

    ReplyDelete