Sunday, July 3, 2011

 Sometimes it can be a little daunting diving into a new project, and even if it does not work out the first time just try try and try again. I started my second bear today and was just about to trash this head, it was causing me so many problems! But I decided to stick with it and what a surprise I think his face looks cuter than the first! Here are some pictures of a work in progress, just like snap shots i've taken as i've been working. 

He doesn't look very happy about me sewing on his eyelids.....

No I wasn't going for quite that look... Just trying to put on some eyelids ;).

He only had one ear at this point,
I don't think he heard me right when I told him to cooperate!

There we go, what a sweet little face. Hes looking happier by the minute.

And a body too! Its a little flat because I haven't stuffed it yet..
Better leave the legs and paws for tomorrow. Happy fourth of July everyone!


First you sew a layer of suede on top

Put a slit in the bottom and then stuff with polyfil

And then pull...



 
 Give me a hug!


This teddy is most definetly right handed.


 Stuffing time! He looks kind of hungry don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. He is so cute. Sometimes I hate the way they are turning out too, but I keep going until magically they take on a personality and become so adorable. It is good you didn't give up to soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joanne for your wonderful comment :), it is good to know that I'm not the only strange one! Perhaps it is the little oddities that make them so special!

    ReplyDelete