Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Just a quick update

   Can you believe that Thanksgiving has already passed and that Winter break is only in three more weeks? I really am enjoying seeing all the Holiday decorations go up, but at the same time things are getting a little bit more stressful! Last week I ordered a bunch of tiny teddy bear eyes, little disks, cotter pins, clay, and a few more fun surprises. I have been working on a couple bears and experimenting a lot with new ideas, techniques and materials; but it really is time that I get to work on everyones Christmas gifts. Since I have had nothing to do this week or the next in my art class (I am waiting for the bear mask to get fired in the kiln and I am two projects ahead of the class) I have just been sketching up ideas for Christmas bears. I cannot wait for the supplies to arrive and finally get started; just hope that I can get everything finished in time. At least I am done with all of the tedious and time consuming college applications. And it looks like all that work is finally starting to pay off! Yesterday I recieved my first college acceptance letter in the mail! It really is a good feeling to know that I am on the right track.
 - Heidi

Some new realisitc looking eyes I ordered
... these things are really cool!!


My kitty Autumn couldn't figure out why we were taking away
all of her pumpkins : )

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 1st college acceptance. Can't wait to see what you do with the new eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joanne!!! Me too, but I am worried I might ruin them!

    ReplyDelete